Art & Antiques Auction Reporter (london)
compensation: tbd freelance
We are an online start-up publication launching in March, covering the art & antiques auction markets. The readers we serve are the art & antiques dealer trade as well as serious collectors, and institutions.
We are hiring freelance reporters to cover art & antiques auctions in London and internationally, as well as the major fairs.
The ideal candidate will have an art history, and journalism background as well as a working knowledge of the auction, art & antiques trade.
Good, clean writing skills, people friendly personality and a team player who can meet deadlines, are necessary for the position.
Specific Duties include:
- Covering 5-10 auctions per week including previews and follow-ups.
- Covering select art & antique auctions in London and provinces.
- Maintain and edit weekly auction calendar.
- Social media friendly, and writing with SEO in mind.
- Ensure content is understandable, accurate and consistent in grammar and style.
- Write sharp eye-catching, SEO-friendly headlines and content.
- Create news photocaptions from photos and co-ordinate content acquisition with freelance photographers
This is a paid position. Although we're a start-up, and not paying much, we do believe in paying our writers and paying on time.
To apply: Please send a resume and writing samples.
- Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
- do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers